Aftermath the xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa, over 300 Nigerians have reportedly declared their interest and have registered for evacuation from South Africa.
This is coming after the approval by the Federal Government of Nigeria that any Nigerian who is willing to return home should indicate interest.
Yesterday, the spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ferdinand Nwonye disclosed that over 300 Nigerians had registered to be evacuated from South Africa. He also added that the date and time for the departure would be announced later.
“They are collating the names and as at the last one hour (3.50pm), they have registered like 300 persons and the meeting of the special envoy is ongoing, the high commissioner is there with him.”
Recall that 36Naija reported on how Air Peace offered free flights to Nigerians who are willing to return home from South Africa.
MORE NEWS ON THE XENOPHOBIC ATTACKS IN SOUTH AFRICA:
- Xenophobia: Nigeria Pulls Out of WES, Recalls High Commissioner to South Africa
- Xenophobia: Buhari Demands Full Compensation For Losses Suffered By Nigerians From South African Government
- XENOPHOBIA: “Apologize To Nigerians Immediately” – Ice Prince Tells SA Rapper, AKA
- Wizkid’s Sends Message To All South Africans Over Xenophobic Attack On Nigerians
- M.I Replies Burna Boy Over His Supports for AKA on Xenophobic
- Xenophobic Attacks on Nigerians are Reckless and Unacceptable – Nigeria VP, Osinbajo Reacts
- Xenophobia: Saraki Reacts, Tells FG, South African Govt What To Do
- Xenophobia: Woman Curses Buhari, Osinbajo For Doing Nothing As Nigerians Are Killed In South Africa
- Xenophobia: We Have Been Programmed To Hate Ourselves, Black On Black, Tribe On Tribe – Mr Eazi
- Toke Makinwa Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians In South Africa
- Nasty C Implore South Africans To Stop Xenophobic Attacks