A former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili said that the Nigerian government didn’t go after her just because she attended the World Economic Forum (WEF) in South Africa which it boycotted, but rather, they used it as apart of their strategy to bully and slander her image.
Recall that Oby Ezekwesili went ahead to attend the World Economic Forum summit in South Africa even when the Nigerian government and some other African Presidents shunned the summit due to the xenophobic attacks.
However, Mrs Ezekwesili has given her reason for attending the WEF summit in South Africa, Read more of the story here.
In a series of tweets, made on twitter, Oby Ezekwesili said:
“You’d be naive to think that the mob action the @NigeriaGov planned, incited and orchestrated against me was “because she went to @wef when the country boycotted it”. No. Just part of a cheap & frustrated strategy designed to bully, slander, denigrate me at every opportunity.”
MORE NEWS ON THE XENOPHOBIC ATTACKS IN SOUTH AFRICA:
- Xenophobia: Nigeria Pulls Out of WES, Recalls High Commissioner to South Africa
- Xenophobia: Buhari Demands Full Compensation For Losses Suffered By Nigerians From South African Government
- XENOPHOBIA: “Apologize To Nigerians Immediately” – Ice Prince Tells SA Rapper, AKA
- Wizkid’s Sends Message To All South Africans Over Xenophobic Attack On Nigerians
- M.I Replies Burna Boy Over His Supports for AKA on Xenophobic
- Xenophobic Attacks on Nigerians are Reckless and Unacceptable – Nigeria VP, Osinbajo Reacts
- Xenophobia: Saraki Reacts, Tells FG, South African Govt What To Do
- Xenophobia: Woman Curses Buhari, Osinbajo For Doing Nothing As Nigerians Are Killed In South Africa
- Xenophobia: We Have Been Programmed To Hate Ourselves, Black On Black, Tribe On Tribe – Mr Eazi
- Toke Makinwa Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians In South Africa
- Nasty C Implore South Africans To Stop Xenophobic Attacks