- The South African High Commission in Zambia is being attacked by violent protesters.
- Zambians are angry at South Africans for instigating an attack on other African brothers.
- Zambian are worried that the issue may spread to other neighbouring African countries.
The xenophobic attacks in South Africa have been received with apparent retaliation in other African countries, especially in Zambia and Nigeria.
Violent protests which kicked off in Gauteng had sparked massive looting and destruction and it was aimed at foreign nationals.
— Seriki (@TheNaijaDream) September 4, 2019
A viral video shared online showed a grim scene at the South African High Commission in Lusaka city of Zambia. In the video, protesters were spotted burning a signpost which 36Naija news can confirm belong to the SA-based commission.
All attempts made to reach the South African High Commission and the Zambian Embassy in Pretoria were been unsuccessful. However, it is deduced that Zambian students had marched to the South African commission in protest of the current attacks on foreign nationals.
— Clarence (@Clarence_2009) September 4, 2019
This is happening at malls in Lusaka, Zambians venting their anger against South African owned stores. People are also heading to the South African embassy now pic.twitter.com/fMispceMCL
— Vauldi Carelse (@vauldicarelse) September 4, 2019
- Xenophobia: Nigeria Pulls Out of WES, Recalls High Commissioner to South Africa
- Xenophobia: Buhari Demands Full Compensation For Losses Suffered By Nigerians From South African Government
- XENOPHOBIA: “Apologize To Nigerians Immediately” – Ice Prince Tells SA Rapper, AKA
- Wizkid’s Sends Message To All South Africans Over Xenophobic Attack On Nigerians
- M.I Replies Burna Boy Over His Supports for AKA on Xenophobic
- Xenophobic Attacks on Nigerians are Reckless and Unacceptable – Nigeria VP, Osinbajo Reacts