The Zambian football association has called off its international friendly match against South Africa due to the current state of the xenophobic attacks.
The friendly match which was slated to take place on Saturday between Chipolopolo (of Zambia) and Bafana Bafana (of South Africa).
In a statement on Tuesday evening, the Football Association of Zambia announced,
“The Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) regrets to inform members of the public that the international friendly match between Zambia and South Africa that was scheduled for National Heroes Stadium on Saturday, 7 September 2019 has been called off in view of the prevailing security concerns in South Africa.
“FAZ General Secretary Adrian Kashala has relayed the message to the South African Football Association (SAFA) about the decision.”
The South African football association is now looking for a replacement for the football match.
- Xenophobia: Nigeria Pulls Out of WES, Recalls High Commissioner to South Africa
- Xenophobia: Buhari Demands Full Compensation For Losses Suffered By Nigerians From South African Government
- XENOPHOBIA: “Apologize To Nigerians Immediately” – Ice Prince Tells SA Rapper, AKA
- Wizkid’s Sends Message To All South Africans Over Xenophobic Attack On Nigerians
- M.I Replies Burna Boy Over His Supports for AKA on Xenophobic
- Xenophobic Attacks on Nigerians are Reckless and Unacceptable – Nigeria VP, Osinbajo Reacts
- Xenophobia: Saraki Reacts, Tells FG, South African Govt What To Do
- Xenophobia: Woman Curses Buhari, Osinbajo For Doing Nothing As Nigerians Are Killed In South Africa
- Xenophobia: We Have Been Programmed To Hate Ourselves, Black On Black, Tribe On Tribe – Mr Eazi
- Toke Makinwa Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians In South Africa
- Nasty C Implore South Africans To Stop Xenophobic Attacks