The Nigerian wing of South African telecommunication company, MTN, has confirmed that it is closing operations in Nigeria until further notice.
This is coming after reprisal attacks which are targeted its shops and offices in Nigeria by irate and opportunistic locals.
These retaliatory attacks on South African businesses in Nigeria arrived on the heels of the recent xenophobic attacks on Nigerians and other Africans in South Africa.
The latest recent attacks in South Africa led to the burning and looting of over 50 shops, which is allegedly owned by Nigerians.
MORE NEWS ON XENOPHOBIC ATTACKS IN SOUTH AFRICA:
- Wizkid’s Sends Message To All South Africans Over Xenophobic Attack On Nigerians
- Rare Picture Of President Buhari Amidst Xenophobia Crisis (See Photo)
- M.I Replies Burna Boy Over His Supports for AKA on Xenophobic
- Xenophobic Attacks on Nigerians are Reckless and Unacceptable – Nigeria VP, Osinbajo Reacts
- Xenophobia: Saraki Reacts, Tells FG, South African Govt What To Do
- Xenophobia: Woman Curses Buhari, Osinbajo For Doing Nothing As Nigerians Are Killed In South Africa
- Xenophobia: We Have Been Programmed To Hate Ourselves, Black On Black, Tribe On Tribe – Mr Eazi
- Toke Makinwa Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians In South Africa
- Nasty C Implore South Africans To Stop Xenophobic Attacks
- Atiku Blows Hot As He Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa
- Nollywood Actress, Iyabo Ojo Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerian In South Africa
- South African Deputy Minister Of Police Defends Xenophobic Attacks (Watch Video)
- 2face Blasts Hushpuppi For Calling Out South African Celebrities On Xenophobic Attacks