Former Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki has condemned the killings and attacks carried out by South Africans on Nigerians living in South Africa.
36Naija had previously reported that a lot of properties worth millions of naira which belonged to Nigerians in South African were destroyed by South Africans.
A recent viral showed several shops being looted by South African citizens in their large numbers.
The President of the Nigeria Union in South Africa, Adetola Olubajo, said that the attacks began on Sunday morning in Jeppestown part of Johannesburg.
Mr. Olubajo said in a statement on Monday that the mob “looted several shops that were around the vicinity suspected to be owned by foreign nationals.”
Reacting to the development on his verified Twitter handle, the Saraki called on the Nigerian and South African governments to take decisive action.
“I am saddened by the unfortunate events in South Africa. Nigerians should be allowed to carry out legitimate businesses without fear for their lives”, he said.
“I encourage @NigeriaGov and @CyrilRamaphosa to take decisive actions that will send a strong message. Every Nigerian lives matter”, Saraki added.
MORE NEWS ON XENOPHOBIC ATTACKS IN SOUTH AFRICA:
- Xenophobia: Woman Curses Buhari, Osinbajo For Doing Nothing As Nigerians Are Killed In South Africa
- Xenophobia: We Have Been Programmed To Hate Ourselves, Black On Black, Tribe On Tribe – Mr Eazi
- Toke Makinwa Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians In South Africa
- Nasty C Implore South Africans To Stop Xenophobic Attacks
- Atiku Blows Hot As He Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa
- Nollywood Actress, Iyabo Ojo Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerian In South Africa
- South African Police Kills Another Nigerian Man (Read Full Details)
- South African Deputy Minister Of Police Defends Xenophobic Attacks (Watch Video)
- 2face Blasts Hushpuppi For Calling Out South African Celebrities On Xenophobic Attacks