Nigerian music legend, 2face Idibia has called on Nigerian President, Muhammadu Buhari and state Governors to intervene in current Xenophobia attacks on Nigerians in South Africa.
36Naija had reported on how some viral videos showed the widespread attacks on Nigerians and their shops in South Africa.
The attacks, assaults and killings have since stirred reactions from well-meaning Nigerians who used the social media to call on the Nigerian government to take drastic measures against the South African government.
While reacting to the development, 2face called on President Buhari and other governors to put a stop to the killings of Nigerians in South Africa.
The music legend described the attacks and killings as ‘shameful, ‘ adding that Africa needs a massive reduction, re-orientation, and reorganization.
On his Twitter page, he wrote:
“President Muhammadu Buhari, Senator, governors, traditional rulers, ministers, prominent Nigerians, Inspector generals, PDP/APC.
“This is becoming too shameful. How can we have no dignity in our polity?
“ Nigerians are being killed home and abroad and its all politics as usual. Shame.
“The real enemy of Africa is laughing once again. We need a massive reduction, re-orientation, and reorganization of Africa. Some idiot and backward thinking South Africans have embarrassed the whole continent once again and the problem has shifted from that 2 celebrities.
“Some of these celebrities are tired of shouting Africa unite all the time. We know the real enemies and until we stand up together and stop patronising them, we will remain mental slaves.”
MORE NEWS ON XENOPHOBIC ATTACKS IN SOUTH AFRICA:
- Xenophobia: We Have Been Programmed To Hate Ourselves, Black On Black, Tribe On Tribe – Mr Eazi
- Nasty C Implore South Africans To Stop Xenophobic Attacks
- Atiku Blows Hot As He Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa
- Nollywood Actress, Iyabo Ojo Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerian In South Africa
- South African Police Kills Another Nigerian Man (Read Full Details)
- South African Deputy Minister Of Police Defends Xenophobic Attacks (Watch Video)
- 2face Blasts Hushpuppi For Calling Out South African Celebrities On Xenophobic Attacks